|Job Title||Job Developer|
We are currently seeking two Job Developers (JD) for a Service Canada funded project, in the Durham Region. This is a full time contractual position. Employment is contingent upon successful funding approval.
The Job Developer will have a post secondary degree or diploma in marketing, business, human resources or related fields together with experience working with people with disabilities and/or marginalized populations.
All applicants must have:
Please forward cover letter and resume in one document to Elizabeth Smith, Manager Employer Consultations and Partnerships email@example.com, or by fax: 416 260 3093
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: October 21, 2012
Canadian Council on Rehabilitation and Work (CCRW)
Ontario Workplace Inclusion Program (OWIP)
Position: Job Developer
Location: OWIP SITE
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week ( 52 weeks)
Reports to: Employment Coordinator
Scope and Purpose:
The Job Developer is responsible for prospecting, developing and securing work trials, Targeted Wage Subsidies, employment opportunities, employment maintenance for eligible OWIP participants, liaising with all members of the OWIP team and working one-on-one and/or group setting with participants in refining and tailoring the individual vocational plan. The Job Developer communicates on a consistent, regular basis with the Employment Outreach Specialist and Employment Coordinator and provides monthly reports to the OWIP Employment Coordinator with respect to the status of clients.
In conjunction with the Employment Coordinator and Employment Outreach Specialist works toward ensuring the achievement of established site targets by the completion of the CCRW OWIP contract date of xxxx, 2013. The position continuation is based on outcomes achieved and continued funding of the OWIP project through Service Canada Ontario. The individual site targets are established as follows:
200 clients will be served and assessed
150 will receive enhanced employability
60 clients will complete either a Wage Subsidy or Work Experience interventions
10 will have returned to school for higher education
250 employers/community agencies will be contacted and provided with information regarding OWIP as well as client follow ups and marketing.
• In conjunction with the Employment Outreach Specialist and Employment Coordinator supports all aspects of the client case management process.
• Prospects, develop and secure work trials, Wage Subsidies, employment opportunities, employment maintenance for eligible OWIP participants
• In conjunction with the Employment Outreach Specialist and Employment Coordinator or individually, provides individualized support to each client in revising and/or developing their resume and cover letter in application for a particular job opportunity.
• Researches job opportunities using various technology and other sources (telephone calls, face-to-face meetings, Internet, newspapers, etc.) securing employment and work experience options for participants.
• Completes work trial, Wage Subsidy (WS) and other relevant forms as required.
• Completes detailed analysis of job opportunities based on needs identified by each client and obtains relevant job postings/information and distributes as appropriate to clients.
• Coordinates job interviews for clients.
• In conjunction with the Employment Outreach Specialist and Employment Coordinator, or individually, coordinates and/or arranges job coaching for initial start up if needed and job accommodations for each client as appropriate.
• In conjunction with Employment Outreach Specialist and Employment Coordinator markets and completes communications related to CCRW OWIP as an outreach to employers and other community agencies.
• Lead the development of a Business Advisory Committee (BAC). Coordinate the development of 1st BAC meeting.
• Establishes and maintains an ongoing working relationship with employers and community-based agencies through Employer Forums and individualized contact.
• Maintains an accurate, current employer database.
• Follows up with employers with respect to work trials, Wage Subsidies (WS) and other potential employment opportunities.
• Responds to questions from clients, employers, agencies and the general public via telephone, email, fax or other applicable communication method.
• Tabulates and researches statistical information for inclusion in generic reporting of CCRW OWIP activities.
• Travels as required to client job or placement sites and meets with the participant and/or the employer as appropriate.
• Supports and completes, as and if required, CCRW local and National initiatives and activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the CCRW OWIP Regional Manager or the Employment Coordinator.
• Post secondary Degree or Diploma in business/administration/public relations or related discipline or combination or equivalent combination of experience and education