Website Dillon Consulting
Are you someone with strong leadership and administrative skills? Do you enjoy building relationships and working collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external stakeholders? Are you a trusted partner and a problem solver? As someone with excellent communication skills and business acumen, you will thrive in our fast-paced and agile environment.
We are currently seeking motivated candidates for the position of Accessible Document Specialist in one of our Ontario offices – Ottawa, Toronto, Oakville, Kitchener, Guelph, London, Chatham, or Windsor.
In this role you will be a welcome addition to our dynamic administrative team. You will showcase your organizational and communication skills in a fast-paced professional office environment. Your drive for excellence will present opportunities to chart your own path to success with a rewarding career in our firm.
What your day will look like
Document Accessibility (50%)
- Remediate MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and PDF documents to adhere to WCAG 2.0/2.1 Level AA guidelines, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and other emerging accessible document legislation
- Use accessibility checkers, accessible tools, and other assistive technologies to identify errors in document structure, headings, reading order, graphics, images, charts and tables, hyperlinks, and other content
- Identify recurring issues and recommend potential solutions and update accessibility practices for future document creation
- Collaborate with technical teams to identify document accessibility requirements to support document planning and development to achieve accessible compliance
- Stay up to date on document accessibility standards, tools, and software
Word Processing (47%)
- Format a variety of small and large complex documents, including editing, proofreading, and overall quality review
- Support the preparation of documents and presentations by enhancing the content with complementary graphics, charts, and other visual aids
- Manage deadlines and coordinate the review and completion of deliverables with the project teams
- Complete document production, including photocopying, scanning, binding, and compiling PDF files
- Assist with other administrative activities as required, and contribute as part of the administrative team to fulfill the variety of tasks necessary to run the office effectively
Learning and Development (3%)
- Commit to self-development and ongoing learning and professional development
What you will need to succeed
- Two years’ experience in remediation of accessible documents
- Post-secondary education in administration, graphic design, communications, or information technology will be considered an asset
- Certificate in Accessible Documents from a recognized organization is considered an asset
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and experience with large and complex document formatting
- Demonstrated ability to create accessible electronic documents and remediate inaccessible documents
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Advanced skills using Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Knowledge of remediation software, e.g. PAC3, Commonlook, axesPDF, is considered an asset
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign is considered an asset
- Excellent attention to detail, a high regard for accuracy, and the ability to provide high quality outputs
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize work effectively to meet tight deadlines and changing workload demands
Why choose Dillon
Dillon is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation, and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
We live our core values:
- Reliability: words that result in actions build trust;
- Achievement: do the work to hit the target;
- Continuous development: always learning; always adapting; always growing;
- Creativity: discover new possibilities;
- Courage: do the things that matter, especially when it’s hard;
- Inclusiveness: enabling belonging to draw strength from our differences
In addition, we offer:
- Employee share purchase plan
- Dillon is 100% employee owned and share ownership is open to all full-time regular employees
- A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous retirement savings plan
- Flexible work hours and remote working options
- We oﬀer a variety of ﬂexible work options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life
- Learning and Development opportunities
- As a knowledge-based business, the organic growth of our knowledge and skills occur through our work performance and roles. The creation and sharing of knowledge allows us to take local knowledge to scale, capture lessons learned through experience, and continuously improve service delivery. The development of self and others is an evident and measured core behaviour within our organization
- We use a composite approach to development including coaching to build the how, mentoring to share lessons, advising to round out perspectives, and co-creation of knowledge through internal learning opportunities
- Focus on Innovation
- The ability to anticipate, examine, and adopt new and innovative solutions is a crucial driver for the continual and progressive advancement of our business performance. In our culture, people are empowered to reflect and question current practices and seek forward looking solutions to today’s problems and tomorrow’s opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- A variety of EFAP tools and online resources to support well-being are available to all employees
- Wellness Subsidy
- Our employees can take advantage of wellness subsidy that can be put towards expenses for a variety of health and/or wellness related activities such as gym membership, purchase of home fitness equipment, yoga classes and dance classes
Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Dillon:
Dillon is committed to the principles of employment equity, inclusiveness, and diversity within our organization. We strive to achieve a workplace where opportunities are based on skills and abilities and that respects and values differences.
Inclusion is more than a word to us, it is the way we choose to run our business.
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation in the interview process. We would love to hear from you!
Apply for this job online
To apply for this job please visit external-dillon.icims.com.