Position: Accommodation and Inclusion Specialist (Job#41.21) *REMOTE*
NOC Code: 1121
Company Name: CCRW
Company Website: https://www.ccrw.org/
Who is CCRW:
Creative. Innovative. Inclusive. Our team of motivated professionals are paving the way to a fully inclusive nation, because we believe that disability should never stand in the way of ambition.
We drive solutions-focused approaches from coast to coast, delivering hands-on programming in local communities and fostering inclusive business partnerships. As leaders influencing policy change from across Canada to the U.N., CCRW employees enjoy diversity and flexibility in their roles. Our welcoming culture recognizes the passion and optimism of our teams, and we know that a healthy work-life balance is key to personal and professional growth.
Join us as we continue to deliver service excellence across Canada.
The Accommodation and Inclusion Specialist will manage requests pertaining to employees with disabilities requiring workplace accommodations. As part of the AIM team, they will have a portfolio of cases which they will manage from open to close. The incumbent will implement the AIM framework components, as required, and provide consultation, counseling and advice to managers and employees via telephone and email regarding disability and accommodation. The Accommodation and Inclusion Specialist will evaluate each scenario and ensure effective application of AIM.
- Communicate by telephone/email with stakeholders (i.e., employees, managers) to identify disability-related workplace barriers
- Refer to Canada wide network of qualified subject matter experts on accessibility, accommodations, adaptive technology
- Sourcing and application of recommendations by subject matter experts outlining barriers and recommendations for workplace accommodations and ensuring they meet AIM SLA standards
- Continued follow up with stakeholders to ensure recommendations are implemented and troubleshoot any issues
- Advisement and assignment of AIM toolkit components as required
- Full responsibility for assigned profiles from open to close. This includes tracking own case load to ensure timelines are met and all related administrative duties such as invoicing and ensuring file notes are updated
- Work closely with Service Manager to ensure consistency in delivery, application of data management and identification of trends
- Identify opportunities to introduce other supportive components, including CCRW programs and suite of business solutions
Requirements to be considered for this job:
- Completed university degree (minimum Bachelor’s) in health-related discipline, social science, or ergonomics
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of disability legislation and regulations, including Duty to Accommodate, Employment Equity Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Human Rights Legislation, Accessibility Ontario Disability Act (AODA), Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (i.e., Word, Outlook email, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- All CCRW staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of hire in accordance with CCRW’s Vaccination Policy
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) is required
Other Expected Qualifications:
- Registration with the Association of Canadian Ergonomists (ACE) and/or Canadian College for the Certification of Professional Ergonomists (CCCPE) is an asset
- Post secondary degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy Program as recognized by the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario, or other province is an asset
- Experience completing workplace assessments (i.e., office ergonomic assessments, workplace accommodation assessments, vocational assessments, etc.) is an asset
- Works independently without the need for direct supervision to manage own files and responsibilities
- Able to work collaboratively as part of a team and with multiple stakeholders
- Well-developed analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong organizational, administrative and prioritization skills
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated experience in the fields of accessibility and inclusion including disability case management/vocational rehabilitation. Combination of education, volunteer and work experience may be considered.
- Confident, professional, thoughtful, assertive, polished, enthusiastic, hardworking, team player with developed work ethics
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote Job#41.21 and indicate whether you are applying for the BILINGUAL or NON-BILLINGUAL position.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CCRW embraces and celebrates our country’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. CCRW is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse stakeholders, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Closing Date: November 01, 2021
Program: Accommodation & Inclusion Management (AIM), Business Solutions Department
Number of Positions: 3 (*one bilingual*)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
To apply for this job please visit ccrw.org.