Website Dillon Consulting
Are you someone with strong leadership and administrative skills? Do you enjoy building relationships and working collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external stakeholders? Are you a trusted partner and a problem solver? As someone with excellent communication skills and business acumen, you will thrive in our fast-paced and agile environment.
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant in our Toronto office.
In this role you will be a welcome addition to our dynamic administrative team. You will showcase your organizational and communication skills in a fast-paced professional office environment. Your drive for excellence will present opportunities to chart your own path to success with a rewarding career in our firm.
What your day will look like
Administrative Assistance (97%)
- Complete a variety of administrative tasks necessary to run the office effectively
- Provide daily back-up reception coverage, including management of the switchboard, client interaction, mail and courier arrangements, along with other reception related activities
- Assist with managing boardroom bookings and meeting arrangements, including preparation and clean-up for a variety of functions
- Format of a range of small and large complex documents using MS Word, including editing and proofreading for spelling, grammar, and consistency
- Manage deadlines and coordinate the review and completion of deliverables with the project team
- Complete document production, including photocopying, scanning, binding, and compiling pdf files
- Overall quality checks and reviews of documents, ensuring adherence to the company’s Quality Management System
- Maintain common areas and office supplies
- Arrange travel and accommodations for staff
- Assist with the flow and approval of accounts payable invoices throughout the office and liaise with the Finance department to ensure timely processing
- Assist with maintaining the office filing system, archiving and libraries
- Assist with other activities as required or assigned
Learning and Development (3%)
- Commit to self-development and ongoing learning and professional development
What you will need to succeed
- Two (2) years of administration related experience
- A certificate or diploma in an administration related field of study will be considered an asset
- Advanced skills in MS Word with experience in document formatting
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel
- Experience using PDF editing and Adobe InDesign software is considered an asset
- Excellent attention to detail, high regard for accuracy, and the ability to provide high-quality outputs
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with strong interpersonal and time management skills and a positive “can-do” attitude
- Ability to prioritize work effectively to meet tight deadlines and adapt to changing workload demands
- Ability to develop innovative solutions when experiencing unexpected challenges or roadblocks
- Familiarity with Google Workspace, e.g., Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, is considered an asset
- Experience in a Professional Services consulting firm (engineering / environmental / planning) is considered an asset
Why choose Dillon
Dillon is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation, and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
We live our core values:
- Reliability: words that result in actions build trust;
- Achievement: do the work to hit the target;
- Continuous development: always learning; always adapting; always growing;
- Creativity: discover new possibilities;
- Courage: do the things that matter, especially when it’s hard;
- Inclusiveness: enabling belonging to draw strength from our differences
In addition, we offer:
- Employee share purchase plan
- Dillon is 100% employee owned and share ownership is open to all full-time regular employees
- A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous retirement savings plan
- Flexible work hours and remote working options
- We oﬀer a variety of ﬂexible work options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life
- Learning and Development opportunities
- As a knowledge-based business, the organic growth of our knowledge and skills occur through our work performance and roles. The creation and sharing of knowledge allows us to take local knowledge to scale, capture lessons learned through experience, and continuously improve service delivery. The development of self and others is an evident and measured core behaviour within our organization
- We use a composite approach to development including coaching to build the how, mentoring to share lessons, advising to round out perspectives, and co-creation of knowledge through internal learning opportunities
- Focus on Innovation
- The ability to anticipate, examine, and adopt new and innovative solutions is a crucial driver for the continual and progressive advancement of our business performance. In our culture, people are empowered to reflect and question current practices and seek forward looking solutions to today’s problems and tomorrow’s opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- A variety of EFAP tools and online resources to support well-being are available to all employees
- Wellness Subsidy
- Our employees can take advantage of wellness subsidy that can be put towards expenses for a variety of health and/or wellness related activities such as gym membership, purchase of home fitness equipment, yoga classes and dance classes
Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Dillon:
Dillon is committed to the principles of employment equity, inclusiveness, and diversity within our organization. We strive to achieve a workplace where opportunities are based on skills and abilities and that respects and values differences.
Inclusion is more than a word to us, it is the way we choose to run our business.
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require accommodation in the interview process. We would love to hear from you!
To apply for this job please visit external-dillon.icims.com.