Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow. We’re always looking for smart, talented people to fuel our success and who have a passion for pensions. Everyone at OPTrust makes a meaningful impact, challenges conventional wisdom, and has fun, too. Respect, integrity and teamwork are all part of our cultural DNA. We embrace curiosity and diversity because it makes us stronger. Our environment is fast paced, but we find time to give back to the community.
Associate Portfolio Manager, Private Markets Group
Posting Date: June 1, 2021
ABOUT THE ROLE
OPTrust Private Markets Group is a dedicated business unit within the Investment Division of OPTrust, responsible for managing the global Private Equity and Infrastructure portfolios. The Private Markets Group consists of experienced investment professionals based in Toronto, London, and Sydney. OPTrust is seeking an Associate Portfolio Manager candidate to be based in the Toronto office.
The Associate Portfolio Manager (APM) will have a key role in the Private Markets Group team and in the Private Equity and Infrastructure portfolios. Reporting to Global Co-Heads and Managing Directors, the APM will provide high quality analysis, research and investment opinions pertaining to new investment opportunities and existing Private Markets Group portfolio investments.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Investment Selection and Due Diligence:
- Identifies investment opportunities, working collaboratively with other investment professionals in the Private Markets Group.
- Performs detailed due diligence in evaluating investment opportunities, including industry assessment, the preparation of financial models and returns analysis.
- Represents the Private Markets Group in meetings with management teams, investment partners and external advisors.
- Actively participates in the investment decision-making process, including investment committee discussions.
- Assists with the on-going management and monitoring of portfolio investments.
- Identifies and monitors new trends relevant to the existing Private Markets Group investment portfolio.
- Key relationship contact with external investment partners and management teams.
WHAT WE’RE EXPECTING YOU TO HAVE
- Two to four years of relevant experience, preferably in an investment banking, private equity, institutional investment, or other relevant professional environment
- Undergraduate degree required, with additional certifications an asset
- Strong understanding of applied investment and valuation analysis
- Self-starter, team-oriented, detail-oriented, and proven ability to perform in high-expectation unstructured environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and knowledgeable in systems implementation
- Availability for extensive travel is required
Please submit your application via Workday by June 16, 2021. https://optrust.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/OPTrust/job/Toronto-ON/Associate-Portfolio-Manager–Private-Markets-Group_R251
Serving a membership as diverse as ours and investing in a global market means cultivating an environment that embraces diversity and inclusion in everything we do. We know diversity of thought, background, culture, and perspective is critical to creating long-term value. OPTrust is a diverse organization engaged in building on our unique strengths. If you require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please send a message to email@example.com, or discuss your needs with the Recruitment Consultant during the telephone screen. We will do our best to work with you and provide appropriate accommodation.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org