NOC Code: 6332
Salary: $13.90 an hour
Province: Newfoundland and Labrador
City: St. John’s
Responsibilities may include:
- Bake breads, pies, cakes, cookies, and other pastries as necessary per the provided production and catering sheets and assist in production planning to meet daily requirements.
- Ensure proper food preparation by utilizing approved recipes, following prescribed production standards and use of proper equipment.
- Assist with the completion of production records to include waste tracking, used/unused portions and product shortages and inform supervisor when supplies are low.
- Ensure proper presentation, food quality, portion control and maintenance of proper serving temperatures.
- Maintain sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies and utensils within work area.
- Handle food items appropriately and with all safety regulations in mind during preparation and service.
- Clean equipment and workstation thoroughly before leaving the area for other assignments and keep display equipment clean and free of debris.
- Consistently exhibit the ability to keep up with peak production and service calmly, accurately, and efficiently.
- Check to ensure that all food is presented, served and displayed per standards.
- Follow principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment, ensuring corporate and OSHA safety standards are followed.
Qualifications and skills:
- Baking experience is an asset.
- Reliability and ability to work flexible hours.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adhere to policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with initiative and with minimal supervision.
- Able to operate effectively as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume to: Jason Bartlett Job Developer JBartlett@ccrw.org .
DISCLAIMER: CCRW is posting on behalf of an employer or business. This job description is subject to change at any time. CCRW is an organization that assists candidates who self-identify with disability (be it physical, mental, learning, etc.) in their search for employment. To be eligible for services all candidates must self-identify as having or living with a disability. The employer will make all final hiring decisions***
To apply for this job email your details to JBartlett@ccrw.org