Job # 53.21
Job Title: Business Development Officer
NOC Code: 4163
Closing Date: December 6, 2021
Program: Business Development
Salary Range: $53,516 – $61,560 (Please note that rates may vary depending on your location)
Who is CCRW:
Creative. Innovative. Inclusive. Our team of motivated professionals are paving the way to a fully inclusive nation because we believe that disability should never stand in the way of ambition.
We drive solutions-focused approaches from coast to coast, delivering hands-on programming in local communities and fostering inclusive business partnerships. As leaders influencing policy change from across Canada to the U.N., CCRW employees enjoy diversity and flexibility in their roles. Our welcoming culture recognizes the passion and optimism of our teams, and we know that a healthy work-life balance is key to personal and professional growth.
Join us as we continue to deliver service excellence across Canada.
The Business Development Officer supports the Business Development team’s capacity to communicate, market, and generate business and sales of consulting services. They support the design of new consulting services and enhance business engagement and account management. Our Business Development Officer is responsible for increasing sales and profits. They do so by developing new business strategies based on market research and building relationships with new or current clients. They also communicate and work with marketing for the purposes of relationship-building strategies with business. This role leverages knowledge of direct sales, business consulting, leadership culture, and communication and development to support all aspects of the delivery of customized solutions for business. These areas of knowledge and expertise will support increasing the capacity of the business development team to better focus on account management and delivery gold standard solutions.
The main accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Conduct market research to develop new and on-going sales strategies
- Communicate with and support all elements of business development team
- Collect and analyze client or customer feedback to improve the business model
- Create sales proposals for new and existing clients
- Meet with new stakeholders and maintain relationships with current ones
- Maintain positive market growth
- Deliver professional direct sales services to new and existing CCRW business clients, including account management
- Provide leadership to ensure CCRW programs and services increase accessibility and inclusion in all communities through the completion of business engagement activities, community engagement and best practices in employment services.
- Work with Research team to define data sets, implement strategy for data pertaining to sales and marketing
- Work with Marketing team to ensure effective collateral, adverts & social media content is defined
- Work with Accommodation and Inclusion Management (AIM) for access to information & incorporation of accommodation principles in all material
- Support development of key Business Development services and solutions
- Lead the development, delivery, and design of internal and external sales and marketing initiatives
Who are you:
The Business Development Officer is an engaging, intuitive and self-motivated individual able to establish, maintain and enhance relationships with business clients. The Business Development Officer supports the Business Development team’s capacity to communicate, manage and sell consulting services, and enhances business engagement and account management. This individual is extremely independent with organized, dynamic and creative approaches to problem-solving, possessing demonstrated experience in direct sales, and account management.
Requirements to be considered for this job:
- Completed university degree (minimum Bachelor’s) in business related discipline, and/or 5+ yrs. experience in sales or business development, or other relevant experience
- Agile development methods
- Works independently without the need for direct supervision to manage own files and responsibilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Independent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Great analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Able to work collaboratively as part of a team and with multiple stakeholders
- Strong organizational, administrative and prioritization skills
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in the fields of accessibility and inclusion.
- Combination of education, volunteer and work experience may be considered.
- Confident, professional, thoughtful, assertive, polished, enthusiastic, hardworking, team player with developed work ethics
- All CCRW staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of hire in accordance with CCRW’s Vaccination Policy
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) is required
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume with salary expectations to:
Please quote Job # 53.21
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CCRW embraces and celebrates our country’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. CCRW is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse stakeholders, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@ccrw.org