Website Canada Lands Company
Job Req ID: 608
Title: Director, Real Estate
Company: Canada Lands Company
Location: 1791 Barrington St Suite 1510 , Halifax , NS
Employment Status: Employee (Full-Time)
Please submit your application by Wednesday, December 8th at 4:00 pm EST.
Public health authorities continue to advise that combined with the existing safety measures, vaccination is the most effective tool to reduce the risk of COVID-19 for Canadians.
In accordance with the Government of Canada’s recommendations for federal Crown corporations, proof of vaccination or supporting documentation of an exemption is a requirement of employment at Canada Lands Company.
The Director, Real Estate, Atlantic directs the land development process, including but not limited to planning, public consultation, engineering/construction design and approval process for land development activities in the Atlantic markets, and is responsible for subsequent project management and implementation. The Director, Real Estate generates optimum value from the real estate holdings and acquisitions, including finding the appropriate balance of profit/revenue with corporate social responsibility initiatives. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: participation in acquisition due diligence, preparing business plans, developing public consultation processes, developing and managing value enhancement strategies including creating master plans, addressing heritage considerations, securing planning and engineering approvals, and land servicing initiatives.
- Manages and coordinates all elements of the redevelopment projects in the Atlantic Region.
- Actively participates in projects where issues of a complex or strategic nature require the expertise of a senior land development professional. This may include strategizing and negotiating arrangements with respect to municipal approvals, engineering approvals, and land servicing contracts.
- Directs and works with multi-disciplinary consultant teams to address project requirements, prepare drawings and reports, engage government officials, and obtain approvals for development from approval authorities.
- Oversees community consultation, and interacts with stakeholders, serving as an ambassador for CLC.
- Participates in environmental assessments and develops site remediation strategies.
- Participates in heritage assessments (natural and built form) and develops strategies for appropriate preservation / commemoration.
- Managerial responsibilities of shared staff and possible direct reports.
- Special projects as assigned by the Senior Director, Real Estate, NCR/Atlantic and other duties and accountabilities, as required.
Leads the creation and implementation of master plans, development plans and urban design/landscape guidelines.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Urban Planning or comparable field required, including professional certification(s).
- Minimum of seven to ten years of experience in municipal servicing and land development including exposure to and knowledge of community master planning and regulatory approvals, community consultation, mixed use/residential development, site servicing, marketing and sales, leasing and property management, environmental remediation, low impact development/ storm water management, and construction practices.
- Demonstrated relevant and comparable project experience of a size and scale compared with the Atlantic Region project(s).
- Project management skills including ability to establish budgets, meet schedules, manage project files, and make appropriate decisions to ensure the successful outcome of the project.
- General knowledge of environmental issues, requirements and remediation alternatives.
- Excellent knowledge of provincial and municipal government organization structures and legislation in order to develop strategies and secure land development approvals.
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of mixed use residential and/or commercial land development from initial review of project feasibility, concept planning, municipal approval process, servicing of lots and economic factors affecting real estate markets.
- Proficient with computers and software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Project.
WHAT WE DO
Canada Lands Company is a self-financing, federal Crown corporation that specializes in real estate, development and attractions management. The company’s goal in all it does is to produce the best possible benefit for Canadian communities and the Government of Canada. Canada Lands Company works to achieve its mandate with industry leading expertise; the company prides itself on its consultation based approach to pursuing community-oriented goals, environmental stewardship and heritage commemoration with all its projects across Canada.
The company’s activities ensure that former government properties are redeveloped or managed in accordance with their highest and best use, and that they are harmoniously reintegrated into local communities. Our goal is to help transform surplus parcels and reshape them to meet the needs of Canadians with inspiring and sustainable new neighbourhoods in which they can live, work and play.
Canada Lands Company CLC Limited is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canada Lands Company is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes. Should you require an accommodation, please inform us as soon as possible and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.clc.ca.