Date: Aug 20, 2021
Come play a key role in building the future of Digital products for Rogers! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and 5G Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30-million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity
About Our New Grad Leadership Development Program:
We have a long history of investing in the next generation and we’re committed to making Rogers the top destination for young people to start and grow their careers in Canada. In 2020, we were named one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People for the 10th time, and in 2021 we were named one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies to work for in Canada.
Our New Grad Leadership Development Program gives new graduates the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, develop key skills and learn from a diverse group of leaders. At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities – let’s make your possible.
About Rogers Digital
We are a team that builds all the consumer facing digital properties for the main Rogers business – wireless, internet, and media. This includes the websites (Rogers, Fido, Chatr, Sportsnet, KiSS FM, & TSC), VA and mobile apps. Digital new grads get a chance to contribute to the Digital teams in Rogers by working with data, product, and dev teams to help launch new consumer experiences.
As part of the program, successful candidates will participate in 2-3 job rotations over 12 months. Rotational plans are designed to tap into your personal and professional development. You will also be paired with a mentor and coach!
- Backend, Frontend, & Full Stack Developers
- Frontend Developers
- Digital Analysts
- Digital UXD / UX Designers
- Backend, Frontend, Full Stack, iOS, & Android Mobile Developers
- Business Systems Analyst, & Frontend Developers
- A recent grad (graduated between 2019 – 2022) or be expecting to graduate by May 2022 with a degree in Computer Science, User Experience Design, or equivalent.
- Backend Developers Interested in: Python, PHP, Go, Java, C++
- Mobile developers Interested in: Kotlin/Java, Swift/Objective-C
- Data Engineering Interested in: Python or R, SQL, Data science toolkits: NumPy, Pandas, SciPy, scikit-learn, Big Data technologies: Hadoop, Hive, Bigtable, Cassandra
- Proven ability to work in a team focused environment
- A mindset of creativity, innovation, and energetic drive to succeed
What you can expect in return:
- 2 or 3 job rotations over 12-month program to tap into your personal and professional development
- Paired with a mentor and a coach
- Exposure to executive leadership
- Continuous growth and learning through monthly personal and professional workshops
- Flexibility to work in a hybrid model, both from home and from the office
- A competitive salary and benefits that includes access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, 50% off Rogers services and a variety of other perks
- A team that deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083) , Toronto , ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & New Grad
Requisition ID: 246506
Together, we’ll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Student & New Grads
Job Segment: Engineer, Developer, Social Media, Network, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, Marketing
Other Location(s): Toronto, ON, CA
To apply for this job email your details to Kristen.Nieuwhof@rci.rogers.com