Digital Specialist, Content
Date: Sep 8, 2021
Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
We are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Today’s Shopping Choice (TSC), one of our more exciting brands is helping to lead the way in our transformation and is poised for exponential growth. Both a retailer and a media company, we operate a daily live TV home shopping service (available in 10 million households, nationally) and a robust e-commerce storefront (tsc.ca). As shoppers’ behaviours change and the retail industry evolves quickly to adapt, TSC finds itself at the sweet spot of opportunity and transformation. The desire to shop more easily from home combined with the rise in video consumption across digital platforms, creates a unique opportunity for TSC to leverage its strengths to transform the brand and build an incredibly bright future.
We are smart, brave, and ambitious. We believe in our growth and work together with a sense of purpose and urgency.
The Digital Specialist, Content works across multiple disciplines including analytics, paid social and paid search. They would support the digital performance team across a variety of clients and tasks. The digital performance team supports the media team across paid social, paid search analytics & reporting. As the specialist you will work directly with the clients and digital performance team in setting up, managing and optimizing paid search and social campaigns as well as contributing to digital reporting.
What you will do…
• Q&A items, brand collections to ensure all products have written copy, images and supporting material
• Maintain product-level content for on-air and web exclusive items
• Categorize products to TSC’s Taxonomy
• Work with photography and vendor management teams to ensure adherence with product image requirements across in-house, 3rd party and vendor images
• Use Adobe Photoshop and other image manipulation tools to execute cropping and retouching for product images
• Monitor and analyze competitor websites and other market benchmarks to set requirements for product images
• Responsible for analyzing, reviewing and implementing SEO content to increase traffic to TSC.ca
• Stay up to date with industry trends and developments across digital
• Drive improvement in customer satisfaction scores across all digital platforms
• Maintain awareness of ecommerce trends and best practices
• Ensure image innovation is part of our ongoing website development roadmap
• Build and foster strong relationships with interlocking teams including Merchandising, Marketing, UX and Digital Merchandising, and other business partners
• Support copywriters with product copy, brand stories, and additional content for product launches and brand campaigns
• Develop content for a range of brands and products sold at TSC.ca including:
• Develop product copy based on features and benefits for all products sold on TSC.ca across all commodities (fashion, beauty, electronics, home, jewellery)
What you will bring…
• Proactive, self-starter & team player
• Analytical problem solving abilities & attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and effectively manage your time
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
• Experience using content management platforms Experience using advertising platforms in either search or paid social a must (Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads Manager)
• Experience with analytical tools a must (Google Analytics, Web Trends, Omniture)
Here’s what you can expect in return:
• A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
• A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
• A team that trusts and wants to win together
• Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
• Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
Job Segment: Social Media, Merchandising, Network, Advertising, Telecom, Marketing, Retail, Technology
Other Location(s): Mississauga, ON, CA
To apply for this job email your details to Kristen.Nieuwhof@rci.rogers.com