Website D'oro Gelato e Caffe
Position: Gelato Maker / Specialist Chef
Language: Sufficient English (written and spoken)
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible Minimum Education: High SchoolPositions Available: 1
NOC Group: (6321)
NOC Job Title: Specialist Chef
Salary: $21.00/Hourly or annual equivalent
Job Address: 1222 Robson Street V6C 1C1 – 1094 Denman Street V6G 2M8 Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
About the Company:
D’oro Gelato e Caffè has two locations one in the beautiful high end shopping district of Robson Street and one on the beach side district “West End”. For almost two decades, this Italian Artisan Gelateria has been producing small batches of the most delightful gelato and sorbetto, gelato cakes, froze and semi frozen desserts, biscotti and pastries. Visit www.dorogc.com.
The Specialist Chef – Gelato Maker Position includes making of gelato, sorbetto and other frozen and semi-frozen desserts. The Specialist Chef will measure, mix, cook, process and batch ingredients to make gelato, sorbetto, frozen and semi-frozen desserts, gelato cakes and various Italian desserts.
The ideal candidate is experienced and knowledgeable in all facets of crafting high quality Gelato, Sorbetto, and Italian Desserts. A high sense of sanitation, cleanliness and hygiene is most critical. You are responsible, and hard working. You have the ability to juggle many tasks and produce large quantities of product during peak seasonal periods. You possess the ability to work in an easy going, but results oriented team environment with focus and dedication. Additionally, you will assist in ensuring proper maintenance of the laboratory, working areas, equipment, and other related daily activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Plan and direct frozen and semi-frozen food preparation processing and activities;
· Consult with clients regarding specialty gelato, sorbetto, frozen cakes and other such product orders;
· Ability to lift at least 50-lbs, stand and work for long hours and perform other physically demanding tasks on a daily basis without getting tired;
· Plan, develop, create new and enhance existing recipes and ensure products meet quality standards;
· Manage and order ingredients and product inventory, including supplies with the ability to ensure that proper costs margins are maintained;
· Estimate and track finished product costing;
· Supervise activities of assistants;
· Maintain in good working order and arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs;
· Capable of following and/or creating recipes accurately and memorizing volumetric measurements;
· Follow directives;
· Communicate effectively and directly with food service supervisors and other colleagues;
· Ensure compliance with all Food Safety Standards;
· Accept daily deliveries;;
· Plan for seasonal specials and festive flavours;
· Work with food service supervisors to maintain dessert and gelato display show cases presentation;
· Maintain organization of work areas, including organization and cleanliness of fridges, freezers, work and storage areas;
· Conduct daily quality checks of products.
· A genuine passion and knowledge for gelato, sorbetto, deserts and frozen and semi-frozen products;
· At least 2 years of prior relevant experience gelato making, sorbetto making and frozen desserts including frozen cakes;
· Completion of secondary school;
· Cook trade certification or equivalent training and experience;
· Management and supervision experience is a plus;
· Dependable and hard-working;
· Sociable and friendly attitude. We believe personality is your biggest asset!
· Must be meticulously clean and aware of all food safety standards;
· Computer savvy and competent with Microsoft Office Suite;
· Must be able to stand for extended periods and lift at least 50 lbs. This position reports to: General Manager.
How to Apply
Please forward your resume in confidence to: plb at dorogc dot com
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org