Elemental Hardscapes Ltd.
Job Title: Landscape Technician (NOC: 2225)
Employer: Elemental Hardscapes Ltd.
Location: 139 Meadowbrook Ridge Victoria, BC V9E 1J5
Salary: $24/hr for 40 hrs per week
Vacancy: 1 vacancy
Employment groups to include: persons with disabilities, indigenous, newcomers to Canada, student, and vulnerable youth
Terms of employment: Term or contract/ full time
Start Date: as soon as possible
- Minimum: Secondary high school graduate certificate
- Certificate in related field is an asset.
- At least 2-3 years of work experience in landscaping or any related fields.
- Certified Allen block wall installer
- Certified IIABC irrigation installer
- Class 5 drivers’ license with a clean record
- Plan and construct landscaped environments, which may include trees, lawns, fences, decks, patios, gravel and other landscape structures.
- Assess the health of lawns or gardens, and apply fertilizer, pesticides and other lawn care products.
- Installing, operating and maintaining watering systems.
- Plant and maintain private gardens and lawns.
- Interacts with clients and proposes ideas or options for different type of landscaping.
- Use of landscape installation tools and equipment.
- Work in team and work in all weather conditions.
- Examine trees and shrubs to diagnose problems and disease, and apply various treatments such as pruning, spraying, repairing damaged areas and injecting with treatment solutions.
- Plan and co-ordinate the growth and use of plants for landscaping, ornamental uses and other purposes.
- Operate tools such as lawn mowers, trimmers, tractors, and blowers.
- Help with garden maintenance, weeding, trimming, and raking.
- Do green waste trips, load and unload the vehicles.
- Pickup and install soil, mulch, weed barrier, rocks.
- Plant hedges, flowers, shrubs, and trees.
- Rake, blow, sweep and tidy sites.
- Knowledge of Aristokrat tile cutting and installation
- Knowledge of structural rock wall building
- Knowledge of Interlocking brick for driveways and patios
- Knowledge of perimeter drainage and city connections
- Knowledge of water line replacement
- Repetitive tasks, Work under pressure, Physically demanding, Overtime maybe required
- Able to install and troubleshoot irrigation systems
- Able to operate mini excavator in tight spaces
- Able to operate bobcat
- Able to drive dump truck
- Able to drive dump truck with both 12 and 22 foot trailer
- Able to back up, unload and load trailers safely
How to Apply
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com