Website Fidelity Investments Canada
Fidelity Clearing Canada (FCC) is the leading independent clearing broker and custodian in the Canadian market. We provide trade execution, clearing, custody and back-office support services to Canadian-based brokerage firms and the Canadian brokerage arms of U.S.-based firms.
For more information about Fidelity Clearing Canada, please visit https://clearing.fidelity.ca/
What You Will Do:
The Platform Developer is responsible for the design, development and support of FCC’s middleware platforms. You will work on projects, client initiatives, support integrated solutions for FCC Applications and you will be a member of an agile shared services platform.
- Develop APIs, integration processes and execute on system flows according to technical design documents.
- Participate in deployment and release activities.
- Provide support on technical issues.
- Work with internal teams to understand requirements and end to end solutions.
- Author customer facing API documentation.
- Submit design documents for review as needed.
What We Are Looking For:
- University degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering
3-5 years of development experience of APIs in REST and SOAP.
- Experience in an iPaaS, ETL or ESB environment is nice to have
- Experience with Boomi or Solace is a nice to have
- Good knowledge of topics, queues and event-oriented architecture concepts.
- Working knowledge of JSON and XML.
- Knowledge in cloud, hybrid and on-prem infrastructures is an asset
- Knowledge of TLS, OAuth2, OIDC, SSO, JWT is an asset
The Expertise You Bring
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate changes, impact and challenges to middleware customers.
- Strong technical skills in integration technology and platforms – APIs, REST, SOAP, JMS, MQ, event brokers, iPaaS, ESB.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, ability to debug problems to find resolutions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment.
Good understanding of enterprise processes, standards and policies.
- Goal oriented and self-starter.
Fidelity Canada is an equal opportunity employer
Fidelity Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, family status, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected ground.
Accommodation during the application process
Fidelity Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require an accommodation, please email us at FidelityCanadaStaffing@fidelity.ca.
No telephone inquiries or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why Work at Fidelity?
We are proud to be recipients of the following:
Canada’s Top 100 Employers (4th consecutive year) 2020
Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (8th consecutive year) 2020
Canada’s Top Family Friendly Employer (3rd consecutive year) 2020
Imagine Canada, Caring Company
Canada’s Top Employer For Young People
National HR Awards – Best Corporate Social Responsibility Program Award, Venngo Healthy Workplaces Award
Workplace Benefits Awards – Health and Wellness Program
Canadian Compassionate Companies Award
A Canadian Compassionate Company
An Imagine Canada Caring Company
To apply for this job please visit fil.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.