Client Organization: ArcelorMittal Dofasco
Position Title: Manager, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Founded in 1912, ArcelorMittal Dofasco is Canada’s leading steel producer and a hallmark of advanced
manufacturing in North America. With approximately 5,000 employees in Hamilton we are the city’s
largest private sector employer shipping 4.5 million net tons of high-quality steel every year.
Over the past four years, ArcelorMittal Dofasco has been on a journey to embrace and improve Equality,
Diversity & Inclusion (ED&I) in our workplace. Much has been achieved on the company’s strategic
roadmap, including the appointment of our Chief Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Officer in 2020.
This new position of Manager Equality, Diversity & Inclusion is a permanent, full-time position and will
report directly to the Vice President, General Counsel & Chief Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Officer.
This position will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference and shape ArcelorMittal Dofasco’s
culture and performance.
The Manager will be a subject matter expert and organizational leader with the following overall
• Responsible for the effective direction and supervision of the ED&I portfolio (with direct reports
and oversight of the local business unit ED&I champions) to support and drive related initiatives
and strategic priorities throughout the business.
• Accountable for developing, managing, and executing the ED&I strategy and all programs, tools
• Provide thought leadership in the development of programs and initiatives to increase awareness
and build organizational competency by leveraging partnerships with both internal stakeholders
and external organizations.
• Accountable for the end-to-end leadership and program management of the ED&I strategy and
other related strategies based on emerging trends in the workforce.
• Partner with Human Resources, other key corporate groups, and business leaders to attract,
develop and engage a highly talented, agile, and diverse workforce.
They will be expected to demonstrate:
• A personal and professional passion for and expertise in the subject matter in the field of ED&I.
• Years of progressive work experience in a management capacity, ideally in a mid-size to large
company, and including a professional focus in the field of ED&I.
• Exceptional communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to lead through influence.
• Strong presentation skills, including an ability to communicate across all levels of the business.
• A track record of program execution and management, ideally in the field of ED&I.
• Excellent management skills, including demonstrated ability to effectively navigate and engage
stakeholders amidst ambiguity and uncertainty.
• A talent for fostering collaboration, integration, consultation and driving results.
• Post-secondary degree, or equivalent work experience, is required, and a post-graduate degree
would be considered an asset.
This position is eligible for full time remote work temporarily due to the Covid-19 pandemic and may
continue to be eligible to work remotely on an ad hoc or part-time basis in the future.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply
and we are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities to support their
participation in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation, we will
work with you to meet your needs.
Should you have any questions regarding this important and meaningful opportunity, or wish to forward a
cover letter and current resume for consideration, please contact:
Caroline McLean, Partner
1 416 928 4539
Stephen Hime, Partner
1 416 928 4576
To apply for this job email your details to Caroline.email@example.com