Employer: Private Household
Location of Work: Residential Neighbourhood in North York, Ontario
Nature of Employment: Permanent Full-Time, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Evening and Weekend Availability Required
Hours: 30 hours per week
Salary: $19.00 per hour
Benefits: 4% Vacation Pay
Number of Positions: 1
Job Summary: The Home Personal Support Worker will provide in-home assistance for the employer’s elderly father-in-law, who has severe chronic health issues. We are seeking to fill a full-time position as soon as possible. The household is also comprised of the employer’s sister-in-law. Optional housing is available at no charge on a live-in basis, though this is not a condition of employment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Care for a male senior client with chronic health conditions in the client’s residence and attend to his physical and emotional wellbeing;
· Assist the client with daily activities and attend to his daily routine;
· Ensure that the client’s living environment is safe, clean, and organized;
· Help the client with mobility and help him navigate his living spaces;
· Prepare and cook meals for the client and assist in feeding;
· Conduct personal hygiene tasks for the client, including bathing, dressing and undressing, and grooming;
· Launder the client’s clothes and wash and sterilize all medical and feeding supplies;
· Perform healthcare and medical duties for client when needed;
· Purchase food, personal hygiene items, medication, and other necessities for the client when required;
· Regularly communicate updates on status of the client to the employer;
· Other duties as required.
Minimum Skills Requirements:
· Partial completion of secondary school is required;
· Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in nursing, home support, or a related field is an asset;
· Prior experience in caring for elders is strongly preferred;
· Fluency in written and verbal English is required;
· Must be dependable, reliable, and have effective communication skills;
· Must be organized and adapt well to fast-paced environments.
Please apply: by email at PSWapplications2021@gmail.com with resume.
To apply for this job email your details to PSWapplications2021@gmail.com