Ontario Securities Commission
HR and Corporate Services Branch
At the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC), we carry out challenging and meaningful work within a collaborative culture to deliver strong investor protection and foster confidence in capital markets. Evolving financial markets mean new ways of thinking, and every day is an opportunity to learn, innovate and grow professionally in a supportive, stimulating workplace.
Our Human Resources Department provides the OSC with strategic and operational advice and services on the planning, acquisition and development of OSC talent, total compensation planning and administration, performance management and overall organization development.
The HR Coordinator is a key member of the HR team and will be responsible for coordinating HR operational activities and project deliverables; calendar management for HR Management members and leading the coordination of the OSC Student Program; the OSC criminal record check process; tracking of legislated employee and manager training; and creation and management of information management processes, systems and structures.
As HR Coordinator, you will:
· Provide regular calendar coordination support to HR Management members and for other project or department meetings by booking meeting rooms, preparing and distributing agendas and/or other materials (i.e. status reporting/charts), setting up meeting rooms (i.e. videoconferencing), and typing/distributing meeting minutes.
· Lead the coordination of the OSC Student Program, and ongoing year-round recruitment process, including screening, scheduling interviews, and corresponding with candidates.
· Coordinate and track legislative mandated employee and manager training (e.g. Health and Safety and AODA training), ensuring compliance with training requirements and providing quarterly reporting to HR management and other internal stakeholders.
· Coordinate the criminal record checks process (name-based and fingerprint-based criminal record checks), tracking results in employee file and following up with Sr. HR Business Partner and HR Advisor on check outcomes.
· Coordinate onboarding process activities, including following up with new hires with onboarding information, tracking and saving new hire documentation in appropriate folders.
· Provide HR operational project support, monitor project/work plan activities and support the effective and timely delivery of project commitments by tracking and monitoring against project.
· As main point of contact for HR Department, monitor HR email inboxes, respond to inquiries and re-direct to appropriate resource for response.
· Track HR Recruitment budget and contracts, provide regular updates to HR team and HR management, and provide analysis for quarterly reporting.
· Research relevant employment legislation across jurisdictional comparators, apply and interpret based on findings, perform comparative analysis, summarize findings, and make appropriate recommendations as it pertains to HR policies with the guidance of project leads.
· Provide support by maintaining, managing and completing paper/electronic records (i.e. employee files, competition files) and ensuring compliance with relevant Records Schedules, employment legislation, retention timelines, archival processes, storage and retrieval.
What you bring to the role
• Completion of a bachelor’s degree, diploma or certificate in Human Resources Management or a related discipline, or equivalent combination of skills and experience.
• Knowledge of relevant employment legislation and HR best practices, and an interest in staying abreast of developments.
• Solutions orientation and ability to exercise sound judgment to independently problem-solve.
• Ability to adapt and work effectively in a team environment and with a variety of situations, and manage relationships with various stakeholders.
• Strong attention to detail and skills in research, analysis and concise synthesis of information.
• A strong orientation to client service delivery, solutions focus, demonstrating business acumen in a professional, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism and judgment to handle confidential information in a discreet manner.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines, manage competing priorities and deliver on work requirements.
• Experience using applicant tracking systems and information systems/database management software is an asset.
About the OSC
The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) is the statutory body responsible for regulating Ontario’s capital markets in accordance with the mandate established in the provincial Securities Act and the Commodity Futures Act. The mandate of the OSC is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices, to foster fair, efficient and competitive capital markets and confidence in the capital markets, to foster capital formation, and to contribute to the stability of the financial system and the reduction of systemic risk. This mandate is performed through policy, operational, adjudication and enforcement work. The OSC also contributes to national and global securities regulation development.
Grow your career and make a difference working at the OSC!
Apply online (https://www.osc.ca/en/about-us/careers-osc) by Tuesday, November 23, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the Ontario Securities Commission. We will contact those selected for an interview.
Inclusion and Diversity at the OSC
The OSC is committed to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace. It is our priority to ensure employment opportunities are visible and barrier-free to all under-represented groups, including, but not limited to, Indigenous, Black and racialized groups, people with disabilities, women and people from the LGBTQ2S community, to achieve an employee demographic profile reflective of the demographic profile of Ontarians.
The OSC is a proud partner with the following organizations: BlackNorth Initiative < https://blacknorth.ca/ >, Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion < https://ccdi.ca/ >, and Pride at Work Canada < https://prideatwork.ca/ >.
If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting our confidential inbox HRRecruitment@osc.gov.on.ca.
Visit Accessibility at the OSC < https://www.osc.ca/en/accessibility-osc >to review the OSC’s policies on accessibility and accommodation in the workplace.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.