P.K. Metal Works
· Company operating name: P.K. Metal Works
· Company business address: 19469 – 92nd Avenue. Surrey, B.C. V4N 4G6
· Title of the position: Metal Fabricator (NOC 7235)
· Job duties:
o Set up and operate heavy-duty metal-working machines.
o Study engineering drawings and blueprints, determine the materials required, and plan the sequence of tasks to cut metal most efficiently.
o Construct patterns and templates as guides for layouts
o Lay out reference points and patterns on heavy metal according to component specifications.
o Rig, hoist and move materials to storage areas or within worksite.
o Assemble and fit metal sections and plates to form complete units or subunits using tack welding, bolting, riveting or other methods.
o Set up and operate various heavy-duty metal-working machines such as brake presses, shears, cutting torches, grinders, and drills, including computer numerical control (CNC) equipment, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill or otherwise form heavy-metal components.
o Install fabricated components in final product.
· Terms of employment: Permanent and full-time (2 positions)
· The language of work: English
· Wage: CAD $30 per hour for 40 hours per week
· Benefits package being offered: Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Extended Health, Dental, and we will match your RRSP contribution.
· Location or locations of work: Surrey, BC
· Contact information to apply for the job: firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-882-8699
· Skills requirements:
o Welding Techniques: Tack, MIG, SMAW, FCAW, GMAW, GTAW
o Ability to read blueprints.
o Good oral communication skills.
o Problem solving and decision making.
o Attention to detail.
o Job task planning, organizing and time management.
· Required education:
o Completion of secondary school is preferred but not required.
o Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program or a combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in structural steel and platework fabrication is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
o Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training is preferred but not required.
o Steel Fabrication Trade Certificate is preferred but not required.
· Required work experience: 2 to 4 years working in a shop environment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com