Rua Meats Limited
Employer: Rua Meats Limited
Nature of Employment: We are presently looking to fill two (2) permanent, full-time positions at our government certified meat processing abattoir located at 275 Frankford Road, Foxboro, Ontario, K0K 2B0.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: $18.00 per hour
Benefits: 4% vacation pay.
The industrial butcher is responsible for slaughtering livestock, processing carcasses, and ensuring that meat cuts are prepared in accordance with assigned specifications, yield requirements and customer needs.
Roles and responsibilities
· Stun livestock using stunning devices;
· Slaughter livestock in accordance with industry practices and governmental standards;
· Clean and skin livestock carcasses prior to further processing;
· Remove bones, viscera and inedible parts from carcasses;
· Trim and cut carcasses into sides, quarters, or primal cuts for additional processing or packaging
· Prepare customized cuts as per customer needs;
· Maintain and sharpen knives and other cutting tools;
· Abide by sanitation standards, food safety guidelines, and other industry practices to prevent meat contamination; and
· Follow all governmental safety protocols and company safety guidelines during work shifts.
Minimum Skills Requirement:
· There is no educational requirement.
· Prior experience working in meat processing roles (i.e. butcher, meat cutter or trimmer, etc.) is preferred.
· If required, on-the job training will be provided to selected candidates.
Please apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com