Website SickKids Foundation
SICKKIDS FOUNDATION IS ON THE HUNT FOR AN EXTRAORDINARY ASSOCIATE, STEWARDSHIP AND DONOR RELATIONS
SickKids Foundation leads the fight for The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids), one of the world’s foremost paediatric health-care institutions. Founded in 1972, SickKids Foundation is the largest charitable funder of child health research, learning and care in Canada. As a national charity, SickKids Foundation also invests in national and international initiatives to benefit children in Canada and around the world. Philanthropy is a critical source of funding for SickKids.
SickKids Foundation is committed to creating an inclusive culture where expressing your authentic self is celebrated. This includes embedding diversity and inclusion in our policies, practices, and behaviours, to build skills, knowledge and awareness of diversity and inclusion across the Foundation and with our external partners. The Foundation is committed to fostering a safe, accessible, and positive working environment.
For further information on SickKids Foundation’s commitment to Diversity & Inclusion click here to read our Diversity & Inclusion Policy and Commitment statement.
Thanks to our donors, in the fiscal year that ended March 31, 2021, SickKids Foundation raised $170 million in child health research, learning and care. We’re winning, because every day we continue to fight, and we’re committed to attracting to our team other passionate individuals who will contribute to our goal of making every kid a healthy kid. It is within this context that SickKids Foundation welcomes applications for the role Associate, Stewardship and Donor Relations.
POSITION STATUS: Permanent Full-time position.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
With focus on enabling best-in-class donor experience, the Associate, Stewardship and Donor Relations has a unique opportunity to impact donor relationships at SickKids. Reporting to the Manager of Stewardship and Donor Relations, the Associate will be responsible for the development and implementation of a variety of donor-centered initiatives to support fundraising efforts across the Foundation. The Associate will have primary responsibility for managing stewardship and donor recognition initiatives, and will work closely with the fundraising teams and key hospital contacts to develop and deliver these programs.
- Manage and execute stewardship strategies and initiatives for donors at all levels;
- Lead a major project within the SDR portfolio, including: create a project plan, create an associated budget;
- manage and execute all aspects of the plan; report back to the team on successes and/or challenges;
- Contribute to ongoing SDR initiatives and identify innovative opportunities to ensure we provide a “best in class” donor experience;
- Develop close working relationships with colleagues across the foundation to enable various projects and provide guidance and assistance to fundraising teams;
- Liaise with appropriate hospital staff to enable SDR program implementation;
- Assist in the management of any intern/summer students;
- Commit to ongoing professional development through reading current literature, attending professional meetings, participating in professional associations and developing working relationships with professionals at other institutions;
- Be an effective team player and adhere to the Foundation values and policies.
While we know that for any job posting no one candidate will possess the qualifications being sought in equal measure, below is an outline of the qualifications we believe are important for a candidate to bring to the position or for the successful candidate to develop while in the role:
- A university degree or community college diploma in a related field;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in fundraising, preferably in stewardship, or client service-related role (can include a combination of work and practical school experience);
- Demonstrated project management skills, detail oriented and proactive in anticipating and managing multiple and changing priorities;
- Demonstrated experience working within a CRM database system;
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
- Excellent donor and stakeholder relations skills, with a strong sense of diplomacy;
- Experience with data extraction through queries and reporting functions; high attention to detail;
- Understanding of best practice in donor stewardship and recognition;
- The ability to think at a high level about hospital and foundation priorities.
Able to exercise discretion and tact with sensitive and confidential situations We’re looking for a passionate individual who is interested in moving the dial and making a difference. We are an environment that looks to attract hardworking and committed people, people who are looking to challenge themselves and grow with a globally recognized brand that continues to change the world. If this describes you, consider joining our team. We look forward to reviewing your application.
TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE:
SALARY RANGE: $64,263- $94,584
To help you lead in the fight for kid’s health and to support your health, wellness, and career growth, in addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefit package (includes a flex benefit plan), tuition reimbursement, flexible work arrangements, pension plan, and birth parent/ parental top up – to name a few!
HOURS: 35 Hours – work week, flexible work arrangements are available
DATE POSTED: November 4, 2021
AVAILABLE TO: Internal and External Candidates
DEADLINE: November 18, 2021
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Please apply on-line by visiting our website: www.sickkidsfoundation.com
SickKids Foundation is committed to its people and the talents, capabilities, and perspectives they bring to our mission. We live that commitment by being open and accessible to all, by valuing and respecting every individual, and by equally supporting every employee. As an organization proud to have joined the BlackNorth Initiative’s CEO pledge, we uphold our commitment by inviting and encouraging individuals from diverse lived experiences from Black, Indigenous, communities of colour, people with disabilities, sexual orientation and all candidates who may contribute to the further diversification of the Foundation’s community.
Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact the Human Resources Department at: HR@sickkidsfoundation.com
To apply for this job email your details to LaDonte.Smith@sickkidsfoundation.com