Website SickKids Foundation
SICKKIDS FOUNDATION IS ON THE HUNT FOR AN EXTRAORDINARY MANAGER, CAUSE MARKETING & PARTNERSHIPS
SickKids Foundation leads the fight for The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids), one of the world’s foremost paediatric health-care institutions. Founded in 1972, SickKids Foundation is the largest charitable funder of child health research, learning and care in Canada. As a national charity, SickKids Foundation also invests in national and international initiatives to benefit children in Canada and around the world. Philanthropy is a critical source of funding for SickKids.
SickKids Foundation is committed to creating an inclusive culture where expressing your authentic self is celebrated. This includes embedding diversity and inclusion in our policies, practices, and behaviours, to build skills, knowledge and awareness of diversity and inclusion across the Foundation and with our external partners. The Foundation is committed to fostering a safe, accessible, and positive working environment.
For further information on SickKids Foundation’s commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, click here to read our Diversity & Inclusion Policy and Commitment statement.
Thanks to our donors, in the fiscal year that ended March 31, 2021, SickKids Foundation raised $170 million in child health research, learning and care. We’re winning, because every day we continue to fight, and we’re committed to attracting to our team other passionate individuals who will contribute to our goal of making every kid a healthy kid. It is within this context that SickKids Foundation welcomes applications for the role of Manager, Cause Marketing & Partnerships.
POSITION STATUS: Permanent Full-time position.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
The Manager, Cause Marketing & Partnerships is an integral member of the Corporate Partnerships team. This individual will identify, secure and manage strategic partnerships in key sectors to generate support for the SickKids VS. Limits $1.5 billion campaign and beyond. The Manager will focus on business development and have specific responsibilities which include: identify key sectors, targeted partner cultivation, qualification of opportunities including brand fit and financial viability, development of presentations and proposals, solicitation, negotiation, and signing of new partner agreements. Proven ability to steward existing partners, activate new campaigns and generate new business is required.
• Develop, secure and maintain relationships with corporations including the very largest enterprises, and mid-market businesses;
• Manage a portfolio of 50+ key corporate partners and prospects;
• Generate new business and grow existing partnerships. Complete calls and visits to cultivate, steward and provide ongoing relationship management to corporate partners;
• Develop cultivation and solicitation strategies, creating compelling, multi-channel proposals including sponsorship, corporate gifts, and cause marketing;
• Play a key role in working with senior volunteers and colleagues to identify donor prospects;
• Work collaboratively and effectively across the foundation with teams including Gift Administration, Brand Strategy & Communications, Business Intelligence & Information Technology, Major Gifts, Community events, Volunteer Services, and Stewardship & Donor Relations;
• Develop donor acquisition, retention and migration strategies for Corporate partners;
• Track donor activity and maintain donor records in CRM database (KYDS);
• Bring & develop a network of contacts interested in advancing the mission and success of SickKids Foundation and the Hospital for Sick Children; and
• Participate in team and cross-functional projects as assigned.
While we know that for any job posting no one candidate will possess the qualifications being sought in equal measure, below is an outline of the qualifications we believe are important for a candidate to bring to the position or for the successful candidate to develop while in the role:
• A bachelor’s degree or higher, with a focus in fundraising, marketing, sales or other applicable disciplines;
• A minimum of 5+ years relevant experience in fundraising or business development combined with a proven track record working with corporations;
• An exceptional fundraiser and with experience managing complex customer relationships at the C-Suite level through to interns;
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with donors, volunteers, and other key stakeholders;
• Exceptional networking and new business development skills;
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and multi-task;
• A go-getter, team player and relationship-builder;
• Creative, resourceful, cost-efficient and intuitively driven;
• The ability to think strategically and work independently in directing new initiatives, new business or enhancing existing programs;
• Superior verbal and written communication skills,
• Organized, detailed oriented, with exceptional follow through;
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office);and
• Experience with relational databases an asset.
We’re looking for a passionate individual who is interested in moving the dial and making a difference. We are an environment that looks to attract hardworking and committed people, people who are looking to challenge themselves and grow with a globally recognized brand that continues to change the world. If this describes you, consider joining our team. We look forward to reviewing your application.
TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE:
SALARY RANGE: $ 78,481- $114,734
To help you lead in the fight for kid’s health and to support your health, wellness, and career growth, in addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefit package (includes a flex benefit plan), tuition reimbursement, flexible work arrangements, pension plan, and birth parent/ parental top up – to name a few!
HOURS: 35 Hours – work week, flexible work arrangements are available
DATE POSTED: October 12, 2021
AVAILABLE TO: Internal and External Candidates
DEADLINE: October 26, 2021
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Please apply on-line by visiting ourwebsite:www.sickkidsfoundation.com
SickKids Foundation is committed to its people and the talents, capabilities, and perspectives they bring to our mission. We live that commitment by being open and accessible to all, by valuing and respecting every individual, and by equally supporting every employee. As an organization proud to have joined the BlackNorth Initiative’s CEO pledge, we uphold our commitment by inviting and encouraging individuals from diverse lived experiences from Black, Indigenous, communities of colour, people with disabilities, sexual orientation and all candidates who may contribute to the further diversification of the Foundation’s community.
Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact the Human Resources Department at: HR@sickkidsfoundation.com
To apply for this job email your details to LaDonte.Smith@sickkidsfoundation.com