Van Den Kerkhof & Son Masonry Ltd.
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Position Available: 5
NOC Group: Bricklayers (7281)
NOC Job Title: Stonemason
Job Location: Multiple locations in Lower Mainland
Business Address: Unit#105 – 8898 Heather Street, Vancouver, BC, V6P 3S8
Van Den Kerkhof & Son Masonry Ltd. is the Company specializing in many aspects of masonry restoration of buildings and heritage monuments. We also provide home construction masonry work as well as paint removal and efflorescence removal services.
We are looking for experienced stonemason to join our talented and professional team. We offer steady year-round employment. We are located in Vancouver area and the majority of our project sites are transit accessible. We supply the WorksafeBC required safety equipment with the exception of steel toe safety boots, and offer a competitive wage rate with room to grow.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Shape, cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks using hand tools and power equipment;
• Read sketches and blueprints and be able to calculate materials required;
• Lay bricks, concrete blocks, stone and similar materials to repair or construct walls, foundations and other structures, including window sills and lintels, and archways;
• Lay bricks to build chimneys and fireplaces;
• Install firebricks;
• Install different materials, such as stone, ledgestone, and veneers, to provide veneer facing to walls or other surfaces;
• Construct and install prefabricated stone carvings and masonry units;
• Build patios, garden walls and other decorative installations, laying bricks and other masonry materials;
• Cleaning/repainting heritage and stone buildings.
· Completion of high school;
· At least 1 year of related experience;
· Sufficient English language communication skills;
· Ability to work at heights and on scaffoldings;
· Job task planning and organizing skills required;
· Well rounded customer focused with problem solving ability;
· Ambitious, proactive nature and positive attitude;
· Strong team worker, great interpersonal skills;
· Reliable and accurate.
How to Apply
Please forward your resume in confidence to: email@example.com
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org