Date: Aug 16, 2021
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the commissioning and maintenance of cellular sites and transport facilities in St Catharines , Ontario of the Rogers Wireless network to achieve optimum service levels. This includes the following systems: microwave radio, DC power, cellular base stations (GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5G), some in-building DAS systems, paging, Cisco, Milan switch, RTUs (TLAN), environmental systems (HVACs, FACs), fibre terminals, and multiport antenna and line systems.
- Respond to trouble reports on network problems by performing effective/efficient problem analysis, rapid trouble shooting and diagnosis, and prompt repair of equipment to ensure service restoral objectives are met
- Track and complete trouble tickets, participate in incident reports, and work order as-builts
- Coordinate with other technicians and departments as required to maintain service levels, maximize efficiency and ensure network consistency across and within your area of responsibility
- Effectively interface with NOC, Field Operations, TAC and Engineering groups to resolve network faults
- Provide the highest quality customer service possible
- Plan and perform preventive maintenance routines to ensure network standards of performance are met
- Plan and implement work orders associated with UMTS, GSM, LTE, 5G, transport while respecting customer service and live network facilities
- In depth knowledge of key quality service indicators on microwave and transmission equipment, optical fibre, TCP/IP
- Maintain inventory of equipment and parts to perform regular field and lab duties, equipment, tools, laptop etc
- Perform acceptance tests on newly installed sites and equipment to ensure results meet design specifications
- Participate in activities associated with network optimization and build activities
- Test hand-offs, RSSI, transmit level on mobiles, dropped calls and investigate any changes to benchmark coverage
- Perform in-building walk testing and investigate/isolate UL RSSI interference issues
- Maintain current documentation of site status, complete trouble tickets, incident report and other required reports
- Administrative: reporting of mileage, timesheet, expenses, Incident Management Tickets (IMTs), Deficiency tickets (DT) updates, maintain accurate online data for sites and tickets, email communication, asset management and incident reports
- Shift work/overtime and 24 hour on-call support is required on a regular rotational basis
- Deal with difficult site access (seasonal) using off-road vehicles
- Tow mobile generators for site service restorals during power interruptions
- 1 – 3 years of technical telecommunications experience supporting network elements
- New Graduates are invited to apply.
- Diploma/Certificate in Electronics from a technical institute or equivalent work experience
- Microwave and transmission experience would be beneficial e.g. DS1, DS3
- Optical fibre, SONET OC3/12/48/192, knowledge of TCP/IP/ethernet would be an asset
- Travel is required 100% of the time within your own area
- Strong RF and fibre background
- Demonstrated investigative, problem solving, analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license and have a good driving record
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Strong time and priority management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong individual contributor and team player
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Telecom, Telecommunications, Wireless, Operations, Technology
Other Location(s): Brampton, ON, CA
To apply for this job email your details to Kristen.Nieuwhof@rci.rogers.com